Philip M. White
My software projects
- Credit Card Comparator: a web-based program that determines what cash-back credit card will yield the largest profit with your spending patterns.
- Benevolent Blackjack: a cross-platform console-based program that plays a game of Blackjack against you, acting as the dealer. In addition to being able to play the role of an apathetic dealer, Benevolent Blackjack has two unique features: it can benevolently advise you on whether you are making optimal decisions to minimize the house edge, and it can train you to count cards.
- PeafowlTerm: a Python library to add terminal colors to your Python programs. Benevolent Blackjack relies on it.
- Long Term Calendar: a cross-platform console-based program that lets you keep a calendar of deadlines and major events. The program tracks a list of upcoming events. Unlike other calendars (Google/Android, I am looking at you), this program also tracks missed events to make sure that you take care of it.
- Shared Usage Alerter: Think of a shared cell phone plan. Many people share a limited resource, with the phone company holding its breath waiting for anyone to go over the monthly caps of voice minutes, texts, or data. This is a Python module that helps maximize utilization while preventing overages. It coaches each user about whether to reduce or increase usage to fit into the monthly quota.